Born and raised in the Arizona desert, I am a proud Arizona State alum (go Devils!). After graduating with honors and two Bachelors Degrees, I began my teaching career and later earned my Masters Degree in Rhetoric and Teaching Writing.
Now I live in Silicon Valley where I am learning about the impactful world of philanthropy through my work at the David and Lucile Packard Foundation. I am constantly looking for opportunities to network and collaborate with others seeking to amplify the voices of marginalized populations.
When I’m not at my day job, you’ll find me writing blogs for my freelance clients or volunteering with a local community organization. In my free time, I like to try new restaurants and explore beautiful Bay Area hiking trails with my husband and golden retriever.
A creative leader with extensive education and experience in communication, problem-solving, and leadership. Specializes in leading teams, managing numerous projects simultaneously, and developing engaging content across platforms.
Operations Coordinator; The David and Lucile Packard Foundation (2017 – Present)
- Manage projects for all members of the Office of the General Counsel Department.
- Design and execute team-building and company development activities throughout the year to promote inclusion and engagement.
- Provide operational and communication support for the Office of the General Counsel department, including the Grants Compliance team.
- Develop, support, and lead trainings for internal and international stakeholders.
- Serve as a leader and representative in organizational diversity and inclusion initiatives.
- Manage communications and relationships with vendors, stakeholders, and law firms.
Copywriter, Freelance; Sunnyvale, CA (2015 – Present)
- Partner with brands to develop their voice via marketing materials, web copy, social media, and blog posts.
- Coordinate with SEO experts to enhance brand web presence and searchability.
Teacher & Student Government Advisor; Phoenix UHSD & Gilbert USD (2012 – 2015)
- Designed, delivered, and evaluated engaging English and Leadership instruction for a diverse group of students across four different courses.
- Worked collaboratively to gather, organize, and utilize evaluation data to provide insights, inform instruction, and recommend appropriate interventions.
- Used multimodal instructional design practices and social media to provide real-time feedback while improving communication, engagement, and retention.
- Designed and executed team, department, and schoolwide engagement activities.
Member Engagement Coordinator, Camelback CrossFit; Scottsdale, AZ (2015 – Present)
- Organize monthly events to engage membership and create added value.
- Drive digital communication between gym stakeholders to enhance customer experience.
- Utilize data analysis tools to track success, identify trends, and develop action plans.
Management, City of Phoenix Aquatics; Phoenix, AZ (2012 – 2014)
- Directed daily operations of a staff of 20+ employees ensuring efficiency and compliance in guest services, bookkeeping, and overall safety.
- Designed and executed weekly trainings and daily drills to reinforce effective life-saving strategies and teamwork.
- Project Management Certificate, Expected July 2019; University of California – Irvine
- M.A. Rhetoric & Teaching Writing, 2016; Northern Arizona University
- B.A. English (Literature), 2012; Arizona State University
- B.A.E. Secondary Education (English), 2012; Arizona State University