Born and raised in the Arizona desert, I am a proud Arizona State alum (go Devils!). After graduating with honors and two Bachelors Degrees, I began my teaching career and later earned my Masters Degree in Rhetoric and Teaching Writing.
Now I live in Silicon Valley where I am learning about the impactful world of philanthropy through my work at the David and Lucile Packard Foundation. I am constantly looking for opportunities to network and collaborate with others seeking to amplify the voices of marginalized populations.
When I’m not at my day job, you’ll find me writing blogs for my freelance clients or volunteering with a local community organization. In my free time, I like to try new restaurants and explore beautiful Bay Area hiking trails with my husband and golden retriever.
Creative leader with extensive education and experience in project management, learning and development, and communication who thrives in collaborative, fast-paced environments. Looking to leverage a social-sector background along with operational experience to enhance company culture and drive employee engagement.
Operations Coordinator; The David and Lucile Packard Foundation (2017 – Present)
- Manage cross-functional project execution and vendor management, including the update and implementation of the employee matching grant program.
- Design and execute team-building and company development events throughout the year to promote inclusion and engagement.
- Provide end-to-end contract management and serve as the lead communication liaison and task manager for all internal stakeholders and external vendors.
- Use reporting and analytics tools to determine platform utilization and efficacy and recommend appropriate process improvements.
- Lead organizational and department diversity, equity, and inclusion (DEI) initiatives to improve company culture.
Copywriter, Freelance; Sunnyvale, CA (2015 – Present)
- Partner with brands to develop their voice via marketing materials, web copy, social media, and blog posts.
- Coordinate with SEO experts to enhance brand web presence and searchability.
Teacher & Student Government Advisor; Phoenix UHSD & Gilbert USD (2012 – 2017)
- Designed, delivered, and evaluated engaging English and Leadership instruction for a diverse group of students across four different courses.
- Worked collaboratively to gather, organize, and utilize evaluation data to provide insights, inform instruction, and recommend appropriate interventions.
- Used multimodal instructional design practices and social media to provide real-time feedback while improving communication, engagement, and retention.
- Designed and executed team, department, and schoolwide engagement activities.
Member Engagement Coordinator, Camelback CrossFit; Scottsdale, AZ (2015 – Present)
- Organize monthly events to engage membership and create added value.
- Drive digital communication between gym stakeholders to enhance customer experience.
- Utilize data analysis tools to track success, identify trends, and develop action plans.
Management, City of Phoenix Aquatics; Phoenix, AZ (2012 – 2014)
- Directed daily operations of a staff of 20+ employees ensuring efficiency and compliance in guest services, bookkeeping, and overall safety.
- Designed and executed weekly trainings and daily drills to reinforce effective life-saving strategies and teamwork.
- Applied Project Management Certificate, July 2019; University of California – Irvine
- M.A. Rhetoric & Teaching Writing, 2016; Northern Arizona University
- B.A. English (Literature), 2012; Arizona State University
- B.A.E. Secondary Education (English), 2012; Arizona State University