Born and raised in the Arizona desert, I am a proud Arizona State alum (go Devils!). After graduating with honors and two Bachelors Degrees, I began my teaching career and later earned my Masters Degree in Rhetoric and Teaching Writing.
Now I live in Silicon Valley where I am learning about the impactful world of philanthropy through my work at the David and Lucile Packard Foundation. I am constantly looking for opportunities to network and collaborate with others seeking to amplify the voices of marginalized populations.
When I’m not at my day job, you’ll find me writing blogs for my freelance clients or volunteering with a local community organization. I am hoping to expand my influence through diverse copywriting opportunities as well as with a position as a non-profit Board member.
A creative leader with extensive education and experience in writing, teaching, and leadership. Specializes in leading teams, managing numerous projects simultaneously, and developing engaging content across platforms.
Copywriter, Freelance; Sunnyvale, CA (2015 – Present)
- Create and edit digital content including blogs and newsletters for lifestyle brands.
- Provide content consulting and editing services for small-business owners and independent clients.
Training and Operations Coordinator; The David and Lucile Packard Foundation (2017 – Present)
- Serve as the lead project manager for the Office of the General Counsel; identify opportunities for process improvement and establish efficient organizational structures and processes.
- Design and execute trainings for internal and international audiences on a diverse array of topics.
Teacher & Student Government Advisor; Phoenix UHSD & Gilbert USD (2012 – 2015)
- Design and deliver engaging English and Leadership instruction for 150+ students enrolled in three different courses utilizing a variety of methodologies and instructional practices.
- Mentor aspiring educators to ensure preparedness for a future teaching career.
- Lead fundraising effort raising nearly $4,000 for the Make-A-Wish Foundation of Arizona.
- Implement digital communication systems as well as multimodal lesson design to maximize instructional time and increase student engagement.
- Deliver relevant professional development sessions as needed.
Member Engagement Coordinator, Camelback CrossFit; Scottsdale, AZ (2015 – Present)
- Organize monthly events to engage membership and create added value.
- Drive digital communication between gym stakeholders to enhance customer experience.
- Utilize data analysis tools to track success, identify trends, and develop action plans.
Management, City of Phoenix Aquatics; Phoenix, AZ (2012 – 2014)
- Directed daily operations of a staff of 20+ employees ensuring efficiency and compliance in guest services, bookkeeping, and overall safety.
- Designed and executed weekly trainings and daily drills to reinforce effective life-saving strategies and teamwork.
- M.A. Rhetoric & Teaching Writing, 2016; Northern Arizona University
- B.A. English (Literature), 2012; Arizona State University
- B.A.E. Secondary Education (English), 2012; Arizona State University