Born and raised in the Arizona desert, I am a proud ASU alum (go Devils!). After graduating with honors and two Bachelors Degrees, I began my teaching career and later earned my Masters Degree in Rhetoric and Teaching Writing. Now in my fifth year as an educator, I pride myself on my ability to preoblem-solve, lead teams, and motivate others.
When I’m not in my classroom, you’re likely to find me in my home office writing blogs for my clients or at my gym fostering community relationships. I also enjoy serving in Marketing and Communications roles for outstanding non-profit organizations.
A creative leader with extensive education and experience in writing, teaching, and leadership. Specializes in motivating young people, managing numerous projects simultaneously, and developing engaging content across platforms.
Teacher & Student Government Advisor; Phoenix UHSD & Gilbert USD – 2012 – Present
- Design and deliver engaging English and Leadership instruction for 150+ students enrolled in three different courses utilizing a variety of methodologies and instructional practices.
- Mentor aspiring educators to ensure preparedness for a future teaching career.
- Lead fundraising effort raising nearly $4,000 for the Make-A-Wish Foundation of Arizona.
- Implement digital communication systems as well as multimodal lesson design to maximize instructional time and increase student engagement.
- Deliver relevant professional development sessions as needed.
Copywriter, Freelance; Scottsdale, AZ – 2015 – Present
- Create and edit digital content including blogs and newsletters for lifestyle brands.
- Provide content consulting and editing services for small-business owners and independent clients.
Member Engagement Coordinator, Camelback CrossFit; Scottsdale, AZ – 2015 – Present
- Organize monthly events to engage membership and create added value.
- Drive digital communication between gym stakeholders to enhance customer experience.
- Utilize data analysis tools to track success, identify trends, and develop action plans.
Management, City of Phoenix Aquatics; Phoenix, AZ – 2012 – 2014
- Directed daily operations of a staff of 20+ employees ensuring efficiency and compliance in guest services, bookkeeping, and overall safety.
- Designed and executed weekly trainings and daily drills to reinforce effective life-saving strategies and teamwork.
- M.A. Rhetoric & Teaching Writing, 2016 – Northern Arizona University
- B.A. English (Literature), 2012 – Arizona State University
- B.A.E. Secondary Education (English), 2012 – Arizona State University